School Learning Plan
Hazeldale Elementary School
Hazeldale Elementary School works to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to engage with power and agency in a changing world.
We provide a learning environment and instruction that promotes engagement, academic excellence, self-confidence, independence, risk and resilience. We foster respect, an appreciation of self and others, and collaboration through inquiry, exploration, goal setting and service.
Hazeldale is a diverse community serving 431 students. Students and families come from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Hazeldale is a Title 1 school with 50% of students who qualify for free or reduced lunch, 40% of our students are White, 35% of our students are Latino, 9% of our students are Asian, 9% of our students are multi-racial, 2% of our students are Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 0.5% of our students are American Indian/Alaska Native and 5% of our students are Black. 21% of our students are English Language learners and 27% are students with disabilities. There are 17 languages spoken here at Hazeldale.
Our students are amazing beings who strive to be their best each day at Hazeldale. They
are resilient students ready to grow. As a staff, we commit to meeting our students where they are in order to help them grow in their learning. We will collect data, analyze the data collaboratively and dig deep into learning how to help our students. We will listen to our students, their interests and their aspirations in order to create relevant learning
At Hazeldale, we take pride in being a community that cares for one another, and treats each other with kindness. We not only educate our students in the areas of academics, but we also focus on social and emotional learning. Social emotional learning helps our students understand themselves, how their actions impact others and how they can help create a world that is positive. Hazeldale students are the heart of the school and each day, the staff strives to help each student be their best self so they can be inspired to soar.
Date of Last Revision: November 14, 2022
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.